Sunday, November 29, 2015

The one about being grateful...

I have been a little on the emotional side lately with the holidays and thinking about all I have to be thankful for...stupid Thanksgiving for always bringing about what we have to be thankful for. :)

In a time when being busy, busy, busy is glorified sometimes it is nice to sloooow down a bit and think about the little (or big) things that make us so happy...so blessed. So, bear with me.

I am thankful for my health. That's right. I know what I have and I know what I have gone through. But, I also know that this year alone I have walked/run/crawled 1,877 MILES! And, an unhealthy body can not do that. I know that I have more energy than my kid sometimes and I still get mistaken as the younger sibling (sorry Jamie!!)

Thanksgiving 5K run adding some miles and family fun to my total!!

I am thankful for modern medicine! I have been through countless medicine switches to improve my quality of life and continue to live seizure free. As we advance in science, I have managed to eliminate a lot of frustrating side effects. Are they all gone? No way! But, we are learning more and more every day.  Keep it up, Scientists, you are AMAZING!!

I am thankful for my family, my friends, my support network! Life is not a solo battle. We need our peeps and I have cultivated an awesome squad. I hope that I am as there for you as you have always been for me.

Finally, I am thankful for positivity. There is too much negative out there. Banish it from your thoughts. The more positive you put out in the world - the more comes back to you. Start today.
Here's my favorite quote as inspiration: "Here's the thing about glitter: once it's out of the bottle, there's just no way of putting it back. It's the same with kindness. Once it pours out of your soul, there's no way of containing it. It just continues to spread from person to person, a shining, sparkling, wonderful thing."

What are you thankful for? Share.

And, how are you all doing? I am only 138 miles from kicking this goal to the curb!!! Anyone want to cross that finish line with me?

No comments: