Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grin and Bear it...

When you are still 25 degrees below the average temperature in your beloved city - sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.  So, this past week, my mini-me and I took to the streets of Chicago and did some walking...in a sleet storm. It was not my best walking and we stopped (twice) for hot chocolate and tea but at the end of the day we got in 5 miles and a lot of awareness!
On the train and finally warm

In other news, it is finally MARCH - which means we are celebrating everything PURPLE!!  Who's with me?!?! I have so many events (presentations, school walk-a-thons, lollipop sales) going on this month - but I am SO looking forward to the first ever Purple Day Walk for Epilepsy and Brain Games! Anyone joining me? You can register at : http://purpledayeveryday.org/events/moawalk/

Finally, I have to give a huge shout out to my followers!!  I have heard from many of you this month who have been walking like crazy (putting me to shame really) and your new total (insert trumpet fanfare) is 1,105 miles!!! Keep moving - I am SO proud!!

No comments: