Monday, July 13, 2015

A moment of celebration and what's all that junk on my wrist...

What does hitting 1,000 miles feel like? It feels like...well, THIS...
Happy Dance Time

And, if it seems like I got from just over 900 to 1,000 fast, well not to toot my own horn, but...I DID! We have been walking/running/sprinting machines! My family and I have not sat down until we have hit 7, 8, 9 miles on any given day and that is how we have gotten to this amazing goal so quick!

I know, I know...there is still 1,015 to go, you say. Well, shame on you - glass half-emptiers. You want to tell me there isn't a cure out there too? I say, 1,015? Bring it on! And, a cure? It's there. The strides that have been made in the 18 years since I have been diagnosed are AMAZING (understatement) and they keep coming. The brain is still a great unknown...but scientist are also miracle-workers and they will make it known and find what we all want to know. Just you wait and see.

Glass half-full.

Now, a lot of you kept asking how I am tracking these miles and I am so sorry I haven't given the shout out earlier...
Surprised I can lift my wrist with all this junk

I track my steps using the amazing Fitbit HR shown here all the way to the right - - naturally in PURPLE! :) It tracks steps, calories, stairs, sleep, almost everything! While we are at it - I should give a shout out to the fabulous Lauren's Hope that fashions my Medical ID bracelets. I LOVE them. I have interchangeable ones. This is my Summer model and it's WATERPROOF. For real.

So, July has proven to be a good month so far...even with some medicine switches that I thought were going to dampen the season. Always look for the silver linings, my friends.

How about you? How are my walkers? Can I add some steps to your totals?

No comments: