Sunday, July 5, 2015

Breaking the 900 mark...and a little bit of motivation

I'm baaaaaaack! WOW! Seeing that my last post on here was from the end of April is disturbing and frustrating and I am SO SORRY! There were so many factors in play - life intervened (naturally) and the site was hacked (seriously, I don't think any of you are interested in on-line gambling!) and, of course, I've been walking. But, really none of that is as important as making sure that I stick with keeping you guys up-to-date so for that I do truly apologize! :)

So, a quick miles update: I have broken the 900 mile mark (cue the highly dramatic fanfare - trumpet preferred)...I am at 904.3 miles! And, I am still seriously trucking along! These Summer days with warmer weather and more TIME to be outside I am averaging 7+ miles a day which is why even though I haven't yet hit the halfway point (and I know I should have) I am totally optimistic that I will. (I think I can. I think I can. I think can. No for real, I will.)

The other reason I will do it...is you guys. I have A LOT of followers now. And, a lot of support. Who knew? I started this by saying... "I am going to walk...a lot. And raise awareness." And, boy, did this take off. So, quitting? Not an option.

And, you followers...you have also kicked it in to high gear. Since my last post I have gotten e-mails from you with a total of 642 miles to add to the thermometer! Check it out on the main page...you guys rock!

So, 1,110.7 miles to go left me thinking about how far that actually is. And I typed it in to Google and it turns out if I started walking there right now, I would end up here:
Sigh.

And since this is my happy place...I think I have my motivation in the bag.

Happy walking! And don't forget to send me your miles! Or your thoughts, questions, or comments! I love hearing from you all!



No comments: