Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Momma makes you Move It!

There is nothing like a walking buddy to get your booty moving! And my favorite walking buddy is my Mom!
I have clearly not mastered the art of looking good in "The Selfie"

Due to the chilly weather here in Chicago, we have been forced to move our walking indoors, but our local walking establishment has windows which means we get to look at all the snow outside and remember that we are not in it! It makes the walking MUCH more enjoyable!

My Mom (who I am positive will be a constant guest star on here) is kind of a rock star.  A few years back she had open heart surgery and scared the life out of me and the rest of the family - as soon as she could walk again, we started walking to get her heart healthy again (and so I could watch her every single second of the day)!  And walk we did. And walk and walk and walk and walk. And she hasn't stopped since. That woman moves all the time. You would never know what she went through.

And now, she's helping me walk. We talk about an endless number of things and the miles fly by.

Total to date: 85 (!)

Don't forget to message me how many miles you are walking and I'll add them to my "Followers Totals" on the blog! Keep Stepping Up for Epilepsy!

And grab a buddy...it's easier that way ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

121 so far!

Happy Advocate said...

That's AMAZING! Keep the miles coming...LOVE the enthusiasm!!

Unknown said...

34 miles